Share on your Social Network
Why Sugar 9 is The Best Yet!
The latest release of Sugar, known as Sugar 9.0 or Spring ‘19 is a release for both Sugar Cloud, On-Premise, and Partner-hosted users.
Sugar 9 offers game-changing enhancements to accelerate your business, allowing you to collaborate more, know more and be more process driven. Here’s our overview of the key new aspects of Sugar 9, and why it’s the best release yet from SugarCRM.
Better Collaboration and Engagement
- Email Collaboration: Your CRM is the central hub for everything customer related, and that includes email history as well. Sugar 9’s enhanced email capabilities now allow you to use group outbound email in SugarCRM. Administrators can configure an email address for sending which is automatically made available to the entire team. This means you can send emails from whichever outbound address has been enabled, and attach email templates and supporting email collateral.
- Comments Log: The Comments Log feature enables groups of users to have searchable, time-stamped conversations associated with CRM records. Sugar is about collaborating, and conversations about accounts, cases, contacts or leads belong directly in the CRM. Of course, when having those conversations, sometimes words aren’t enough to express yourself. That's why..
- Emojis! That’s why Sugar now supports Emojis 😜, freeing you up to communicate internally with your own style, and reactions that you simply cannot put into words 🤔
A Focus on Being More Data Driven
- Reports: Now with 4X the number of standard reports! These reports are an excellent starting point and can be used as-is or as the basis for custom reports. They demonstrate best practices for CRM reporting and allow users to be more data driven while managing their sales and support operations.
- Reporting: On the reporting front, new scheduling capabilities allow you to conveniently distribute reports to entire teams. This ensures everyone can operate from the same set of data. Your reports can now include a ton of new visualisation options helping you make informed decisions, backed by data. If the built-in capabilities aren’t enough, Sugar 9 now allows all report types to be exported as CSV for viewing and refinement in other tools!
- Quotes: A common area of friction for new CRM users is personalisation and branding of the quoting experience. Sellers frequently need to customise quotes, displaying information that is relevant to their business or hiding information that isn’t relevant. They might wish to see a description for each quoted line item or want to remove shipping information from their quotes. Prior to Sugar 9, these types of changes required code-based customisations. Now they can be done inside of Sugar with our all-new upgrade-safe capabilities.
- Product Catalog Dashlet: Productive sellers can now make use of the Product Catalog Quickpicks Dashlet, allowing them to quickly add their most frequently quoted line items to quotes. Quotes have also been surfaced in SugarCRM mobile allowing sellers to quickly build and deliver quotes, even while on the go.
Better Advanced Workflow Management
Advanced Workflows is now called SugarBPM. BPM stands for “Business Process Manager” and better represents the feature’s capabilities. As you know, enabling customers to map out and enforce their business processes is a difference maker. Over the years, Sugar has built an incredibly powerful BPM engine, and now has introduced further flexibility in Sugar 9. With SugarBPM you can now:
- Fill out and send email templates on record updates, leveraging both the old and new record values. This helps users better understand state transitions. You can now send those notifications to contacts from related records in addition to the primary record contacts.
- Implement approval-based workflows allowing you to reassign records based on time, ensuring compliance with the organisation’s service level agreements.
- Trigger processes based on multi-level relationships and terminate those processes based on record criteria.
- Implement workflows that leverage many-to-many relationships.
- See and correct potential process issues at design time through enhanced process validation.
- Easily categorise, locate and adjust your processes with tagging support.
And Yes, Significant Increases in API Performance!
With Sugar 9, API performance has been optimised. Measurements show improvements in List View performance of up to 700% with large datasets. Application throughput also has improved. We expect that Sugar users can process up to 70% more transactions on the same hardware.
Like the article? Share it with your colleagues!