7 Tips for Successful CRM
Download our howto guide on some of the key elements that have resulted in successful CRM implementations in the past.
CRM Online has developed a connector between SugarCRM and Xero online accounting. This connector allows the creation of sales, purchases, product catalogue and the synchronisation of client details directly within SugarCRM. This information is immediately pushed the the Xero accounting package along with the client details.
At a glance, the features include:
|Accounts / Contacts Sync|
|Product Catalogue Sync|
|Convert from Quote to Invoice|
|Convert from Quote to Invoice|
|Print and Email PDF Invoices from CRM|
The following video demonstrates the connector and how is creates an invoice directly from within the CRM:
Converting a Quote to an Invoice
The following video demonstrates the process of seamlessly converting a quote within SugarCRM to an invoice in the associated Xero Accounting package.
Importing Data from Xero Accounting into SugarCRM
What is Xero?
Xero is an online accounting system that is easy to use. With Xero you can access your accounts from anywhere at any time to see how your business is doing, all you need is an internet connection or smart phone.
- Xero provides a view of financial information in real-time. There’s no need to buy expensive software and install upgrades. Xero is available on your PC or Mac in the office, at home or on popular mobile devices – anywhere, anytime.
- Xero automatically imports your bank statements daily so you can keep abreast of your cashflow. Xero has a full suite of accounting features such as invoicing, payables, expense claims, GST, tax returns, reporting and much more.
- The beauty of Xero is you can invite a number of trusted people such your accountant, to collaborate online, eliminating cumbersome transfer of data that can be corrupted or is out-of-date.
Find out more or try Xero Accounting Software for free.
What are the benefits?
The connector has the following benefits:
- All invoicing information can be entered by the sales person directly from the CRM, removing the need for sales people to access the accounting package or communicate the invoicing details to a dedicated accounting person
- The entry of customer details is reduced to one point of entry. This ensures that no information is lost in translation.
- Since invoicing and purchasing information is made available in the CRM, this information can be reported on and analyzed against other objects within the CRM. For examples, if you would like to report on average billing amount per support case or per support person, it would be possible to do this.
- Since the ability to generate invoices and purchases within the CRM exists, it’s relatively straight forward to automate and/or streamline billing processes within the CRM.
What are the potential applications?
The potential applications for this synchronization technology include:
- Commission management systems: since we’re able to easily generate invoices from the CRM, we’re able to combine this ability with the extreme flexibility of the CRM and generate invoices based on business data within the CRM. For example, if you needed to pay commission based on the sale of a property, it would be relatively straight forward to model a property tracking system within the CRM and generate payable commissions based on this information.
- Performance management: Measure staff performance on actual revenue generated when payment is received as opposed to estimations based on forecasting.
- Automated billing systems: Do you need to automate your billing based on unique data within your system? For example, if you have a membership database that you need to manage, you can tie this to your accounting package via this connector and enable or disable membership based on payment status.
Can I Access a Demo?
We get this request quite a bit. As a result, we've set up a public demo system that's available at:
Xero Accounting details:
How much does it cost?
The price of the connector is AUD$495/year or a bit over the cost of a single SugarCRM Professional user license. If you have a project that you require assistance with, don’t hesitate to contact us.